nv-l

Re: my NV 6.0 dislikes the webserver - reset_ci fixed the problem

2000-08-08 23:13:05
Subject: Re: my NV 6.0 dislikes the webserver - reset_ci fixed the problem
From: lclark AT us.ibm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 23:13:05 -0400

You might want to consider putting the old name back into effect, at least
from the
point of view of that box. For instance, you can use that name first in
/etc/hosts, and
have hosts override dns (/etc/netsvc.conf containing 'hosts=local,bind').
The rest of
the world can use the new name first, for all you care. (Her name was
McGill, but she
called herself Lill..) That's assuming this is a standalone TMR server, and
not a
Managed Node in a larger Tivoli environment.

 You have Netview happy now with the new name, and you could do a few
things
documented in the back of the V6 release notes that will make the Framework
look
like it is happy, but you will probably not be able to do things down the
road such
as install patches and products successfully. The right people to tell you
how to
thoroughly change the name of a Tivoli Managed Node and TMR Server are in
Tivoli Support, the Framework group. I've tried this a few times, and if I
were in
your situation, I would either go back, or reinstall using the migration
instructions.
You don't have to do it now, but you will probably have to do it
eventually.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit.

James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT [email protected] on 08/08/2000 11:31:22 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com