nv-l

RE: Netview for NT

2000-08-08 10:06:38
Subject: RE: Netview for NT
From: lclark AT us.ibm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:06:38 -0400

Larry, you should call Support to deal with this.
That is part of the object  database. Periodic database compression
is supposed to keep that in check. I do not know if there are differences
in this process on NT. On Unix we use ovwdbdmap -c (after taking a backup).
On Unix, if the value_info.pag gets big (and this does affects performance)
and
won't compress, I switch to the Turbo form of the database. Don't delete
one
component of the database. You may, however, restore the database
from a backup made when the database was nice. I would regularly
zip up that entire directory (\usr\ov\databases\openview) as a backup.

Anyone want to comment on the relationship between this database
and the relational database holding topology data? What happens
to the topology database when you restore the flat-file database
from a backup?

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

"Chance, Larry" <lchance AT SFBCIC DOT COM>@tkg.com on 08/08/2000 08:41:22 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com