nv-l

NetView problem

2000-08-03 04:48:24
Subject: NetView problem
From: Jordi Pons <jordi.pons AT eltec DOT es>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:48:24 +0200
Hello everybody,
a few days ago that i have this problem with NView (6.0 AIX 4.3),
When an object is discovered in the IP Internet submap (i've
no location.conf configured by now) and it appears like the original
object (no shadow). When i cut it and paste it to another submap it
appears then as a copy of the object (with shadow).
Even if i try to add, manually, a location on any map, NView creates it
with shadow directly. I understand this is an anormal  NView behavior.
I've fixed the database but the problem repeats (i delete the object
from all the maps and when rediscovered the same history).

Anybody has experienced similar problems?

regards,
Jordi Pons Orteu
debis IT Services - Eltec S.A.