nv-l

Ruleset - refreshing

2000-08-02 02:43:11
Subject: Ruleset - refreshing
From: "Gavin Newman" <NEWMANGJ AT stgeorge.com DOT au>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 16:43:11 +1000
Re my previous posting whereby changed rules were not being used in a dynamic
workspace....

I looked at the rule file in /usr/OV/conf/rulesets and noticed that the action
that I had deleted using the GUI is still there event though it is not on the
GUI display! This is a simple test rule with only 6 elements so I know it is
not hidden off the screen.

If I make changes to the contents of one of the existing rules they are
reflected in the dataset but I cant work out how to get rid of this
recalcitrant action node from the file given that it is not on the GUI.

Can I delete it manually? Why was it not deleted when I deleted it from the GUI?

Cheers - Gavin

PS : I just noticed that if I close the GUI & reopen it the rule now contains
the deleted action ode that wasn't there before but was in the rule on DASD. I
then deleted it through the GUI and it worked properly this time. Is there some
problem with the rule editor GUI here?

   *****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom
it is addressed and its content is not intended for use by
any other persons. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately. Please also destroy and
delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form
of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.
St.George is not liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication, nor for any