nv-l

Re: Re-installing the TMR [Thanks Yall]

2000-06-27 12:48:56
Subject: Re: Re-installing the TMR [Thanks Yall]
From: Clarence Hart <rti1clh AT ismd.ups DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:48:56 -0400 (EDT)
I was able to reinstall the TME 10 and configure the Netview stuff
and now I'm aback to normal... Well almost.  I have a few small cosmetic
problems...

1)  After the migration my settings for automatically starting  Dynamic
    Workspace Rulesets work fine but the label on the right hand side still says
    "Events" Instead of what I want it to say.  Also if I try to create
    a new dynamic workspace the label cannot be change from "Events", no
    matter what I  enter in the "Dynamic Workspace Label " field.
    Any ideas. or maybe I could just hack the file that this stuff gets put
    in :)

2)  Also after the migration I tried to install the TIPN and I  was only able
    to install the 1st  package  on the CD , the other two are complaining about
    the "Console is not installed"  ... OK... where the heck is the Console????
    I looked on all of my CD's and I cannot find it anywhere.... So if
    some knows where to find:
                                TEC_CONSOLE

     I would really appreciate it if you would share the info with me!!!

3)  One more thing .... I was playing around with the "nvsniffer" command
     and  I've been getting bad results.  I run the command againts a Win95
     box and it reports that its a POP3 server Timeserver DNS server and
     everything else....  Has anybody gotten this thing to work???

Thanks agian for the tips on how to fix my 1st problem yall!!!

CoolC

The oserv daemon wont start. I get th efollowing error:

/etc/rc3.d # S99Tivoli restart
o_self: destination dispatcher unavailable

I'm hoping if I do the migration re-install of Netview will work.
I have to find the  documentation on how to do it first.

Clarence Hart