nv-l

Re: TIPN for Netview for UNIX...

2000-06-22 13:58:39
Subject: Re: TIPN for Netview for UNIX...
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:58:39 -0400

Gord -

I don't know what you are reading but TIPN
(a) comes in both UNIX and NT flavors
(b) integrates Tivoli Inventory and NetView
     so to really understand it, you need to have some notion of what Tivoli
Inventory does.

Have you been introduced to that?  It is essentially a big database of all the
end points in your TMR, what's installed on them, what levels of code and so
forth.  TIPN transfers information to the NetView database in the form of
additional fields so you can see on your maps what is and isn't in your Tivoli
Management Region, and build smartsets and all that sort of thing.

Hope this helps

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Gord Michaels" <gord_michaels AT HOTMAIL DOT COM> on 06/22/2000 01:41:07 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>