nv-l

Re: netmon and /etc/hosts ?

2000-06-15 12:49:20
Subject: Re: netmon and /etc/hosts ?
From: Ray Schafer <schafer AT tkg DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 16:49:20 +0000
Alfred,

I understand.  I think Michael Seibold hit on the problem:   NetView is trying
to resolve a name to an address, it's not in the local cache, so it goes out to
your other name servers, and this is what is taking 1 minute or 2.  You can try
using ovtopodump and grep for "Node" then find all your IP names and put them
in a list, then try to resolve each one.  That should show you what names you
are having trouble with.   When you are able to quickly resolve them all,
netmon will work much better.