nv-l

Re: Ruleset Approach for Quad NIC

2000-06-14 09:49:57
Subject: Re: Ruleset Approach for Quad NIC
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:49:57 -0400

Jim -

You can generate any trap you like using snmptrap, and you can use a ruleset to
kick off  snmptrap using an Action node.  It is the rest of your note which
confuses me .

What's a NIC?  Does netmon poll it now?  Because there is no way you can stop
netmon from sending a Node down or Interface down,  if it is down, unless you
unmanage it.   What trap are you thinking will drive this ruleset?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"James H. Mapp" <jhmapp AT dimension DOT net> on 06/14/2000 09:14:02 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>