nv-l

Swing plugin for Solaris Netscape

2000-06-12 15:11:46
Subject: Swing plugin for Solaris Netscape
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:11:46 +0100
I have Netscape 4.7 running on Solaris 2.7.  I have downloaded the
plugin1_1_3-solsparc.sh plugin and executed it but the SimpleSwingTest
doesn't run properly.  Using the Java console, it looks like it can't
find SimpleSwingTest.html.  My CLASSPATH variable was empty so I
modified it to say /usr/OV/www/htdocs and exported it, and my SwingTest
now works as per the release notes.

I still cant get the NetViewApplet to load up - the Java console
complains

java.io.FileNotFoundException:http://sunshine.skills-1st.co.uk:8080/netview.jar

I have added to the CLASSPATH the directory that contains netview.jar
but still no joy.   Has anyone had a clean install of this (I now have a
long and chequered history on this) and can tell me what CLASSPATH
should look like?  Any other gotchas?

Thanks for any pointers,
Jane
--
Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant & Instructor
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565