nv-l

Re: Remote Router Deleted

2000-06-08 19:25:06
Subject: Re: Remote Router Deleted
From: Ray Schafer <schafer AT tkg DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 23:25:06 +0000
Alexis,

I just noticed that the TopM Interface List from the ovobjprint output does not
contain an interface for 172.29.21.11!  This is strange:  first of all, it says
that
the router has IP addresses in the topology database, but not 172.29.21.11!
I would try to add an object to the database using loadhosts, netmon should
discover
that it already has the object, but it might force the object into the map.
Try this:

print "172.29.18.4  nnt36" | loadhosts -a -m   255.255.255.0

This is supposedly one of the token ring interfaces in the topology database
for this router.

Then wait a bit and look at the map to see it it gets added.   If it does,
demand poll nnt36, and see if that fixes things up.  If it deletes it again, I
would really
check name resolution.

Also,  did you say what version you were on?