nv-l

5.1.2 - 5.1.3 - 6.0

2000-06-08 02:44:54
Subject: 5.1.2 - 5.1.3 - 6.0
From: "Bernard Disselborg" <BDISSELB AT triple-p DOT nl>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 08:44:54 +0200
Hello,

>From several postings on the list I learn that several problems in 5.1.2 are
>fixed in 5.1.3.
I would expect that customers under maintenance should get 5.1.3 automaticly,
but never received it.
IBM/Tivoli in the Netherlands is shipping only 6.0, stating that they only ship
the *newest* version...

Not looking at new features, can anyone comment on:
- Being a first 6 release, is it 'mature' ie. no serious bugs ?
- Are the same problems fixed in 5.1.3 also fixed in 6.0 ?
- Differences in third party application integration ?
- The *Official (Not) Supported* statements of third party vendors ?
- Any other reasons to (not) go from 5.1.2 to 6.0 ?

Thanks in advance,

Bernard

Bernard Disselborg                      Triple P Nederland B.V.
Consultant                      Enterprise Management
e-mail: bdisselb AT triple-p DOT nl             PO Box 245
tel:    +31 (0)347 353317               4130 EE  Vianen
mobile: +31 (0)655 833355               The Netherlands