nv-l

Re: synchronizing DB

2000-05-31 09:25:21
Subject: Re: synchronizing DB
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:25:21 -0400

Yes, call Support and open a problem.
Then review what has happened in your installation since before this started
occurring, because make no mistake, something did happen.  What was it?  You ran
out of file system space?  Something else changed?  The more you know when you
talk to Support the better.

And then start doing ps -ef and  grep for ipmap.  Is his process id changing?  I
would guess that it is.   Then he is either coring or exiting on bad objects in
your database. Look in /usr/OV/PD/cores/ipmap.   I would format the nettl logs
(netfmt -f  /usr/OV/log/nettl.LOG00  and LOG01) and look for errors from ipmap.
Then I would take down the GUI and try running ovtopofix -a  (-A) if you have
more than one map.

Don't want to do this?  Then you can try restoring your databases (that's all of
/usr/OV/databases/openview) from a backup and see if that works.  But a restore
to an earlier uncorrupted level is the only quick fix.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

marqueta AT notes.banesto DOT es on 05/31/2000 04:30:01 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>