nv-l

Re: DLSw management

2000-05-30 12:00:38
Subject: Re: DLSw management
From: echevarria AT es.ibm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 18:00:38 +0200
Wouter,

     I don't know much about loading/unloading mibs. When I opened
rfc2024.mib (from http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2024.html) and I found the
import section:

DLSW-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

IMPORTS
        DisplayString, RowStatus,
        RowPointer, TruthValue,
        TEXTUAL-CONVENTION                FROM SNMPv2-TC

        Counter32, Gauge32, TimeTicks,
        OBJECT-TYPE, MODULE-IDENTITY,
        NOTIFICATION-TYPE                 FROM SNMPv2-SMI
        MODULE-COMPLIANCE, OBJECT-GROUP,
        NOTIFICATION-GROUP                FROM SNMPv2-CONF
        ifIndex                           FROM IF-MIB
        sdlcLSAddress                     FROM SNA-SDLC-MIB;

and I can see that I need SNMPv2-TC, SNMPv2-SMI, SNMPv2-CONF, IF-MIB and
SNA-SDLC-MIB defined in /usr/OV/conf/snmpv1mib. From that file I got the
idea that I had to load SNMPv2-CONF which is RFC2580, I think. I'm
completely dazzled about that. Maybe I'm totally wrong.

Many thanks for being patient.
Juan.

Juan Echevarría López
AT&T Global Network Services
Internet: jechevarria AT att DOT com   |   echevarria AT es.ibm DOT com

W.M.de.Bruin AT DNB DOT NL on 30/05/2000 12:32:31

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>