nv-l

Re: Re: Database corruption

2000-05-30 08:55:46
Subject: Re: Re: Database corruption
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 08:55:46 -0400

 Did you do an ovobjprint to see if the object is still in the object database?
It cannot leave topology until your delete deletes it from the object database.
How many maps do you have?  If more than  one you must delete from all of them.
Run ovobjprint -s <selection name>  before and after you delete.   Is the object
gone?

 Do you have Ciscoworks or something?  It may be that you cannot get the delete
to work because that product or some other has set fields on the object.   In
that case you should follow their procedures for deleteing the object as well.

And I have lost track of why you are doing this anyway.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Koo Lawrence <lkoo AT woolworths.com DOT au> on 05/30/2000 03:30:28 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>