nv-l

Re: ovtopmd won't start

2000-05-26 09:11:00
Subject: Re: ovtopmd won't start
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:11:00 -0400

If ovtopmd is coring, then there has been some corruption in your database that
he cannot deal with and every time he reads it he cores.  If restoring from a
backup doesn't help, then you can only do one of three things.   Did you
increase
the size of .usr because you previously filled up?  If so, then that is probably
how things got messed up.
(1) try running the database utilities such as ovtopofix -a  and see if that
helps.
(2) obtain 5.1.3 and install that  since the core you are seeing may be fixed at
a later level and you are quite behind
(3) clear you databases (limited) and start over re-discovering your network

No matter which option you choose, you might want to call Support and get some
help.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Vassila Natassa <natasa AT nbg DOT gr> on 05/26/2000 09:00:49 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>