nv-l

Re: collections

2000-05-15 23:16:55
Subject: Re: collections
From: lclark AT us.ibm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 23:16:55 -0400
I don't know about recovering from your situation, but when I want to clear
the
database but preserve the definitons of Collections, I use smitty nv6000...
Control...Restart Automatic Map Generation. I've used this in all versions.

In your situation I might consider backing up the databases and restoring
an
older one, and clearing them again as described above. If you have done a
lot of work in it since clearing them, I would export the definitions using
the
colmaint command, and then restore the databases, and use the colmaint
command to import the definitions. There may not be a man page for
colmaint,
but there is at least syntax given if you enter it with no parameters, I
think.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
IBM Global Services - Systems Mgmt & Networking
Detroit


---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on
05/15/2000 11:10 PM ---------------------------

"Maria Krebeck" <Maria_Krebeck AT wuh-lengerich DOT de>@tkg.com on 05/15/2000
04:05:11 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com


To:   "IBM NetView Discussion" <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
cc:
Subject:  Re: [NV-L] collections



But I have the dataset /usr/OV/conf/.collections.conf where I can see all
my
collections. Is it really not possible to use this dataset with version
4.x?

Thank you

Maria

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: <James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com>
An: "IBM NetView Discussion" <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Mai 2000 21:49
Betreff: Re: [NV-L] collections


>
>
> nvUtil is the command line interface into Collections.  You cannot find
anything
> because it came out in NetView 5.1.
> There is no native command line interface to collections in V4.
>
> I'm afraid I have no solution for you.
>
> James Shanks
> Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support
>
>
> "Maria Krebeck" <Maria_Krebeck AT wuh-lengerich DOT de> on 05/15/2000 03:12:52
PM
>
> Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
>
> To:   "IBM NetView Discussion" <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
> cc:    (bcc: James Shanks/Tivoli Systems)
> Subject:  Re: [NV-L] collections
>
>
>
>
> Hallo,
>
> I just have Netview V4.x and can't find anything to nvutil. Could you
> possibly help me a little bit more?
>
> Thanks
>
> Maria
>
> -----Urspr


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

----



üngliche Nachricht-----
Von: <James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com>
An: "IBM NetView Discussion" <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Mai 2000 20:49
Betreff: Re: [NV-L] collections


>
>
> See man nvUtil
>
> James Shanks
> Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support
>
>
> "Maria Krebeck" <Maria_Krebeck AT wuh-lengerich DOT de> on 05/15/2000 02:38:13
PM
>
> Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
>
> To:   nv-l AT tkg DOT com
> cc:    (bcc: James Shanks/Tivoli Systems)
> Subject:  [NV-L] collections
>
>
>
>
> Hallo,
>
> I have a problem:
> I cleared the topology database compeltely and now I have no collections
any
> more in my map. I found a member (.collections.conf) in the directory
> /usr/OV/conf where all my collections seemed to be defined. How can I
> activate these Collections again. Does anybody know it?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Maria
>
> _________________________________________________________________________
>
> NV-L List information (unsubscribing, policies, posting, digest version,
> searchable archives): http://www.tkg.com/nv-l
>
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________________
>
> NV-L List information (unsubscribing, policies, posting, digest version,
> searchable archives): http://www.tkg.com/nv-l
>

_________________________________________________________________________

NV-L List information (unsubscribing, policies, posting, digest version,
searchable archives): http://www.tkg.com/nv-l



_________________________________________________________________________

NV-L List information (unsubscribing, policies, posting, digest version,
searchable archives): http://www.tkg.com/nv-l


<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>