SNMP + Attended MLM problem
I have a problem with a crashing SNMP service on our Netview attended MLM on
a single-processor NT workstation. after a couple of hours SNMP goes down
and I have to restart the service plus the Netview server.
my installation tasks were:
- installed NT 4.0
- configured NT including SNMP agent
- applied SP5
- installed Netview Server
- installed Attended MLM 5.1.3 (from NV6.0 CD)
- re-applied SP5
- configured Netview and MLM - everthing worked fine for a while
- Dr. Watson showed up for some visits complaining about the SNMP service
- applied SP6a
- reboot - and everything worked fine... for a while
- SNMP crashed after a few hours
my questions are:
- have I done anything wrong?
- has anybody experience with a working SNMP service on an Attended MLM?
what NT service pack do you use?
- could the problem be the usage of the german versions of NT and the SP's?