nv-l

RE: Collections not updated

2000-04-28 13:02:45
Subject: RE: Collections not updated
From: SHANKS AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:02:45 -0400
Collmap should be started automatically by ovw  when the GUI is brought up.  If
he is not running, then that is the source of
your problem.  But I have no idea why he would not be started unless you have
done something with security to prevent it.
That's why I did not mention this before.  But collmap may not start if nvcold
is not running.  When you start the GUI as the
root user and NetView daemon not running will be started (assuming you use the
"netview" command or the Tivoli desktop or
SMIT to start the GUI).  But all the non-root user will see is a message that
the process is not running.  Check the
nv6000.log and look for any error messages about this.

Collmap is discussed in the Administrator's Guide  under "Defining and Managing
Collections of Objects"

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support