nv-l

RE: NetView and Remedy ARS Integration...

2000-04-28 10:45:42
Subject: RE: NetView and Remedy ARS Integration...
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens AT eastman DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:45:42 -0400
By popular demand, the template is attached. Some notes:

1) The userid "netview" (or whatever account you want to use) must be
defined to Remedy.
2) Some of the fields in the template are required, others are optional. I
don't remember for sure which are required.
3) The "#AR-Message-Begin" is required and must be the first line, the
"#AR-Message-End" is required and must be the last line. All other lines
beginning with "#" are treated as comments.
4) The sequence of lines between the "Begin" and the "End" lines does not
matter.
5) The spacing of the text does not matter, I have indented only to make it
a bit more readable.
6) For fields which have numbers in between exclamation points it is the
numbers (not the descriptive text to the left of the numbers) which are
important. These numbers identify the fields to Remedy.

Again, the armaild daemon on the Remedy server is optional so it may not be
running on your Remedy server. By default it will process email for the
ARSystem account. I am also attaching a sample config file for armaild which
overrides some of the defaults to:

1) Change the default ARSystem account to some other account.
2) Specify an account to send email to (failure or success). This is good
for debugging. Once you get everything working well you may want to just
dump these emails.
3) Set the poll interval to 60 seconds. I forget the default but it is
something like every 15 minutes.

Good luck!

 <<remedy.txt>>  <<armaild.txt>>

Blaine Owens