nv-l

AW: Netview 6 and Optivity 9

2000-04-26 09:56:40
Subject: AW: Netview 6 and Optivity 9
From: FITZINGER Richard <richard.fitzinger AT it-austria DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:56:40 +0200
yes. no problem - if your server is  strong enough for optivity 9.

note that optivity 9 is not supported with netview 6 (that means you can't
open a PMR with nortel). moreover optivity 9 has a lot of differences
compared to the "old" versions. thus, if you want to wait a while you could
download 8.1.1 from support.nortelnetworks.com. It has all the device
support one needs now.

to make your decision more complicated: nortel does NOT support 8.1.1 for
AIX 4.3.2...

hope that helps
regards, richard