nv-l

Submap Exployer symbols ???

2000-04-21 09:30:53
Subject: Submap Exployer symbols ???
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz AT Princeton DOT EDU>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 09:30:53 -0400
NV-V6 on Sol 2.6

I have a problem with Submap Explorer locking up.  It seems that when a
Cabletron device has its symbol changed to a Cabletron symbol and you
drill into that submap with Submap Explorer it locks up.  This is what I
have discovered so far.  Note: Cabletron is the only vendor that we use
that integrates into Netview (traps, apps, symbols, etc.)

Question:   Is there something different in how symbols are integrated,
now that Netview uses Java with the Submap Explorer?   Is there another
location or app that must be run to integrate new symbols?

This problem also propagates into the WEB browser interface due to its
dependency on Submap Explorer.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Fitzwater
CIT Systems & Networking