nv-l

Inteface Down

2000-04-18 09:36:11
Subject: Inteface Down
From: Frantsen Christian <cf AT internoc DOT se>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:36:11 +0200
Hi!

I started wrinting a new TEC Rule for Interface down events (OV_IF_Down)
today when I noticed something,
it seems that there are no netview variable avaliable with the interface
name that becomes unavailable. ($V1, $V2 etc)
or I'm simply blind =)

Since I can recieve several IF Down from a router I need to have a uniqe
idenifier for each event, that i can use later
in my rule processing to find it.

The only way i thought of so far is to parse the msg field and get the
interface name from there, then set a slot value of my own in
the tec-rule. Should I have to do this or is there a simpler way of getting
that interface name from netview?

<--------------[ Internoc Scandinavia AB ]-->
 Christian Frantsen - Technical Operations

 Tel: +46-36-194650          -o)
 Fax: +46-36-194651          /\\
 http://www.internoc.se     _\_V