nv-l

Re: location.conf and IP discovery

2000-04-15 18:32:16
Subject: Re: location.conf and IP discovery
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc AT ibm DOT net>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 18:32:16 -0400
Your problem isn't with location.conf, it's with the way NetView is
figuring out your subnetting.  For some reason, Netview thinks
10.130.x.x isn't a unique subnet.  Does your IP map have a network
called 10.130?  Check the router interface with the 10.130 address and
see what mask is reported.  You might want to check and see if you have
a plain 10 network.  If so, see what's in it.  If there's a non-snmp
device that's supposed to be SNMP managed, check the community name

Generally, manually adding objects, you first have to create the
network, then a segment, then add the object to the segment map.  I
don't think you should be able to add devices to a location map without
the network being there first.

Whatever it is, I think it's got something to do with discovery and SNMP
polling, and the location.conf for 10.130 entry doesn't work because of
that, not the other way around.