nv-l

Re: Problem Loading Mibs

2000-04-14 10:45:11
Subject: Re: Problem Loading Mibs
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:45:11 -0400

Your copy of the MIB is just needs a little fixing up, syntax wise.  We will be
shipping a corrected version of it in NetView 5.1.4 and 6.01.  By the way, your
5.0 is out of support.  You need to consider migrating to either 5.1 or 6.0.

But I can get you around this problem.
Edit the MIB.  Go to line 159
It reads "CountryCode   ::=  OCTET STRING(SIZE(0 | 2))"
Edit it and put a space between the end of STRING and the left paren, so that it
reads:
 "CountryCode   ::=  OCTET STRING  (SIZE(0 | 2))"
and then it will load.
The NetView mibloader uses spaces for parsing and gets confused when they aren't
in the right spot.
Sorry that I didn't realize that my copy of the MIB was already fixed.
But the Frame Relay I used came right off the Cisco website.
Still you could look at the line which is indicated and see if yours has a
similar problem there.
If not, show me the failing line.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Fred Bish" <fnbish AT hotmail DOT com> on 04/14/2000 10:14:13 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>