nv-l

Re: Ruleset Question

2000-04-10 17:39:53
Subject: Re: Ruleset Question
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:39:53 -0400

"Pass-On-Match" means "do the next action if I get a matching event before the
timer expires (else do nothing)".  "Reset-On-Match"  means "don't do the next
action if I get a matching event before the timer expires (else do it)" .

So I would use Reset.    Input 1 is the Node down event (from a Trap Setting
Node).  Input 2 is Node Up.
 The time interval is 15 minutes.  I presume you want to match on hostname, so
compare Attribute 2 with Attribute 2.   The next ruleset node after the Reset
should be an action node where you have your command or full patch to your
script to do the logging.  You can log any part of the event you want.  As the
Admin Guide will tell you, the environment variables will contain the parts of
the trap: for example, $NVATTR_3 is the 3rd variable of the trap, which for
NetView is the formatted description.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Ferreira, Linda" <FerreiraL AT nabisco DOT com> on 04/10/2000 04:25:30 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>