nv-l

Re: nvsniffer: how to delete fields?

2000-04-08 01:25:36
Subject: Re: nvsniffer: how to delete fields?
From: Ray Schafer <schafer AT tkg DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 00:25:36 -0500
Kiyonobu Inayama wrote:

> Hello
>
> Does anyone know how to delete fields created by nvsniffer command?

Are you trying to delete the field from the entire ovwdb, or just one or
more objects in the ovwdb?
If it's only from one or two objects, then I would just delete the objects
and re-add them.

There is an API to clear a field on an object, but if you write a C program
to use it, it could be very dangerous.  It would work, but if someone itused
it to clear the Selection Name field I suppose you would have to clear the
entire database and start over...

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer AT tkg DOT com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management