nv-l

Re:Listening Port - Client/Server

2000-04-07 16:16:45
Subject: Re:Listening Port - Client/Server
From: lclark AT us.ibm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 16:16:45 -0400

Here's a note we recieved on this topic just the other day
(sorry, I thought it had already been posted):

Subject:  Netview 6 NT Client installation problems

John, just in case anyone else wastes an hour or so, then be aware that
there is
a bug in the Netview 6 NT client installation process, as it doesn't update
/winnt/system32/drivers/etc/services with the port numbers and aliases
required
for the client to talk to the server. This shows itself with Cannot connect
server database messages.

Fix: copy all of the TME10 Netview 'services' entries from the server
installation to the client. Remeber that NT needs a reboot to pick this up.

Richard

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

"Chance, Larry" <lchance AT sfbcic DOT com>@tkg.com on 04/07/2000 11:49:11 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com