nv-l

Re: Using an Expression in MIB Application

2000-04-06 10:54:25
Subject: Re: Using an Expression in MIB Application
From: "Bernard Disselborg" <BDISSELB AT triple-p DOT nl>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 16:54:25 +0200
Leslie,

I have no experience using expressions with datatypes defined in the mib.coerce
file.

Just some thoughts:

If you use this application to display history stats collected by the Data
collection utility, I think you won't have a problem because the data is
collected and stored using the mib.coerce file. Xnmgraph is only displaying the
values from the snmpCollect 'database'.

For the 'live' polling performed by xnmgraph the question remains: does it use
the mib.coerce file ?
An simple test should give the answer.

Bernard

>>> lclark AT us.ibm DOT com 04/06/00 03:43PM >>>

Bernard, thank you so much for posting this. I learn something here
every day. I really thought there was some fundamental reason that
mib appls could not use expressions, something other than the lack of
a radio button to select them.

Have you had any trouble with datatypes and the mib.coerce file
using this method? I believe that the mib application builder does
not natively check the mib.coerce file.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

"Bernard Disselborg" <BDISSELB AT triple-p DOT nl>@tkg.com on 04/06/2000
08:15:15
AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com