nv-l

Command in Registration File with 2 options

2000-04-04 08:11:48
Subject: Command in Registration File with 2 options
From: sylvia.koch AT emprise DOT de
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 14:11:48 +0200

Does anybody have an idea to the following problem:

According to customers request I want to modify the registration file of
the IP/TCP/SNMP Connectivity Test.
The relevant parts of the original file
/usr/OV/registration/C/ovip/NNM-IP.tbl are:

     Command -Shared '${xnmappmon:-/usr/OV/bin/xnmappmon}';
     Action 'Test All Protocols' {
          CallbackArgs   ' ...
                    -appendSelectList -appendSelectListToTitle \
                    -cmd /usr/OV/bin/netcheck -e'

I changed the command to
                    -cmd /usr/OV/bin/netcheck -e -o tcpPort=21'

But at execution time, this results in the error message
                    /bin/sh: -o: not found.

If I type in the command                 netcheck -e -o tcpPort=21
192.100.12.88
at command line it works fine.

What's wrong? Isn't it possible to specify two options? Any hints will be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sylvia