nv-l

Re: Monitoring HACMP clusters

2000-04-03 16:05:08
Subject: Re: Monitoring HACMP clusters
From: Ken Garst <Ken.Garst AT kp DOT org>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: 03 Apr 2000 13:05:08 -0700
Since I didn't see any answers to your question, let me respond.

First, I had the same problem, i.e. never could get HAVIEW to work.

Second, the last I was told by the IBM HACMP help desk was that HACMP only
supported NetView 5.1.1, NOT 5.1.2, much less 6.0.

Third, one way to  remotely monitor HACMP clusters from the NetView node is to
make your Netview host an HACMP clinfo client and then run the HACMP GUI
/usr/sbin/cluster/clstat & on your NetView node.  This is a color-coded display
of cluster and node status that goes red-yellow-green depending on the state of
the HACMP cluster.

Regards,
ken