nv-l

Monitoring HACMP clusters

2000-03-29 21:39:11
Subject: Monitoring HACMP clusters
From: "Jeff W" <jeffw411 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:39:11 EST
I know HACMP and Haview questions have probable been beat to death here, but
I have search the archives and have not been able to find any clear answers
to the following questions.
My issues is that we have several HA clusters, and the folks before me could
never get HAVIEW configured to work. I was told it was an incompatibility
issue with netview 5.1.1 and HAVIEW 4.3. So, my question is what if any
versions play well together and that other have got working and are there
any tricks in doing so?
Second question, is there a work arounds to monitor the status of the boxes
with out HAVIEW, i.e. faking netview to show a green icon for spare HA boxes
other than red down status all the time? I have the IBM cluster traps loaded
and configured to trap events. I just need to clean up the netview GUI, so
my network ops guys aren't confused on whats truly down.
Also, I saw from pass discussions that there was confusion on who support
HAVIEW, IBM or Tivoli, what is the ruling today?
Thanks,
Jeff W.
Sr. Network Architect
Lockheed Martin