nv-l

Re: Event/Ruleset Question

2000-03-28 13:55:48
Subject: Re: Event/Ruleset Question
From: Jorge Jiles <Jorge.Jiles AT ualberta DOT ca>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:55:48 -0700
Start an snmp Collection with snmpCollect and set thresholds on whatever
values are appropriate for you; then set an action if those values are
exceeded. If you have Cisco Routers, the MIB values are on their private
MIB and are avgBusy1 .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.57 for cpu busy during last 1
minute and .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.8 for free memory available. You might also
want to trigger a notification for rearm condition that would let you know
when the values are back to normal (below threshold numbers)

Hope it helps.