nv-l

RE: Loading Traps

2000-03-28 11:37:54
Subject: RE: Loading Traps
From: "Ferreira, Linda" <FerreiraL AT nabisco DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:37:54 -0500
Matthew,
There is a script file that was written by CISCO folks that automatically
loads all the trap definition for all the MIBS you have loaded.  All you
have to do is go to the following web site:
ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/contrib.  Download the traps.script file.
Close Netview down, and run the script.  I just did this last week and it
worked fine for me.  The only caviat is if you don't want to load ALL the
traps for ALL the mibs, then you need to follow the other suggestions you
received (addtrap or mib2trap).  Good luck.