nv-l

RE: Netview/Oracle question

2000-03-21 08:26:34
Subject: RE: Netview/Oracle question
From: Scott_Donohoo AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:26:34 -0500

Matthew,

I have seen this few times. Are you using the CDE? I am not certain what is
causing it but, when I have seen it happen, it appears related to CDE somehow
clobbering NLSPATH. Try the following:

1. Make sure you are not sourcing the Tivoli environment in your $HOME/.profile.
Source it in $HOME/.kshrc and set ENV=$HOME/.kshrc in your .profile.

2. Reset the language environment in smitty *even if it already appears
correct*:

# smitty -> System Environments -> Manage Language Environment
    -> Change/Show Primary Language Environment
    -> Change/Show Cultural Convention, Language, or Keyboard
    Reset CULTURAL convention,  LANGUAGE translation and KEYBOARD to IBM-850
(En_US) and press Enter (ISO-8859 (en_us) is OK as long as En_US is installed).

3. Reboot so CDE will pick up any changes.

This has resolved the problem each time I have seen it. If it does not, open a
pmr to support so we can look at it in more detail.

Scott Donohoo
Tivoli Customer Support Team (NetView for Unix/NT)

Matthew Clayton <matthew.clayton AT ENTERPRISEWORKS DOT com> on 03/20/2000
05:11:32 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>