nv-l

Install problem with V6. "HELP"

2000-03-20 10:37:19
Subject: Install problem with V6. "HELP"
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz AT Princeton DOT EDU>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 10:37:19 -0500
I am currently running Netview 5.1.2 on Sol 2.6.
I have a TMR on a separate machine running 3.6.2.
I am trying to upgrade to V6.
I manage the Netview end and someone else manages the TMR and FRAMEWORK.

First a little historical background.

        At one point I was able to bring up a DESKTOP and install Netview (5.1)
and its patches and use the Netview tools from the desktop.  But someone
decided to change things on the TMR and FRAMEWORK end and I lost my
desktop function.  They finally got the desktop back by patching up some
(.install) files per TIVOLI support.   When V6 came in I tried to
install per release notes (FRAMEWORK PATCH 6.0-NVF-0000) and keep
getting ERROR about missing patch NV_TMP_31  Tivoli support told us that
our TMR and Netview think that a 5.1 Framework patch is missing and to
force install it again.  That was done but I still get the same error.

I am now asking the TOPGUNS out there for help.

The PMR is 42884-BRE also associated is PMR 41848

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Jeff Fitzwater
CIT Systems & Networking