nv-l

Réf. : Re: Netview 6.0 availability again

2000-03-15 13:39:43
Subject: Réf. : Re: Netview 6.0 availability again
From: lclark AT us.ibm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:39:43 -0500

Thoerry, if your local IBM rep has a way to order publications online for
you,
or if you do, the Installation  manual is orderable. Its pub number is
SC31-8442 for Unix. The release notes are on the CD.  If the Release
Notes can get you through the basic install/upgrade, then the manual is
available online.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

I was out of the office for some days, so my reply is quite late.

I know that you are not responsible for that, and you can't
know about the situation in Switzerland. But for information,
I received on 3/3/00 a note from an Account Manager of Tivoli saying:
"we have not started shipping clients yet. To help you here is a bare CD
of Netview 6 I happen to have in stock. You will receive your
official copy in a few weeks."

A "few weeks" is not a week after GA!
I will forward your answer to this account manager. Maybe all you can do
is forward this mail to someone in Tivoli that might be interested to
hear about how things are in Switzerland.

For me, I have just to put my hands on an installation manual (is it the
same as V5 ?), and I am ready to start installing now.

Thierry

Thierry Van Mol                            email:
thierry.van-mol AT ciev.vd DOT ch
Centre Cantonal des Telecommunications     Tel: +41 (0) 21 316 27 05

On 03.03.2000 16:24:54 Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
NetView wrote:
>Worldwide GA was February 25th.  I cannot answer for what Switzerland is
doing.
>The code was already shipped to all customers with a current maintenance
>contract, or so I am told, and all the CDs are already burned.  Whether
they
>are ready to ship in Switzlerland is another matter and and I have no way
>check on that nor to contact anyone there.  Besides, it is March already
and
>they
>should be ready to ship a week after GA, anywhere in the world.  At least
that
>is what we have been told.
>
>James Shanks
>Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support
>

>Thierry Van Mol <thierry.van-mol AT CIEV.VD DOT CH> on 03/03/2000 09:26:27 AM
>
>Please respond to Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
NetView