nv-l

RE: NetView

2000-03-14 11:58:54
Subject: RE: NetView
From: lclark AT us.ibm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:58:54 -0500

Bernard, thank you for catching that. Yes, I had it backwards.
Use -a to preserve differences.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit
======================================

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on
03/14/2000 11:10 AM ---------------------------

BAUDOUX BERNARD <bernard.baudoux AT fortisbank DOT com>@tkg.com on 03/14/2000
04:17:45 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com

To:   "'IBM NetView Discussion'" <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
cc:
Subject:  RE: [NV-L] NetView

Leslie,

in you mail concerning the behavior of NetView when two maps are used, you
state

>The ovtopofix command, which you should
> be running periodically, has a '-a' option if you want to put
> everything
> back on all maps, and a '-A' option if you want to preserve the
> differences.

I thought it was just the opposite : '-a' if you want to preserve the
differences between two maps.

Tha man says :

" As a general rule, if you have multiple maps that contain
different objects, you should use the -a option instead of
the -A option.  If you only have one map or if all of your
maps contain the same objects, you should use the -A option.
Also see the description of the -U option to help you
determine whether to use the -a or -A option."

Did I misunderstood anything ?

Bernard Baudoux
* : 02/56(88).524.68
* : 1GA2H