nv-l

Re: No Subject

2000-03-13 08:33:58
Subject: Re: No Subject
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:33:58 -0500

I am surprised that no current NT user responded yet, so I will.

Basically, in NetView for NT, if you have a single trap, and you want to take
different actions based on the source of the trap, then your only option is to
write a script of your own to do it.   Your script will have to check the $A
variable (the origin of the trap) to determine what node it is for and take
whatever action you want based upon that.  You would write your script in
whatever suitable language you have installed on NT that you are familiar with,
such as perl, TCL, REXX, or what have you.
You put the full path to this script in the action box  in Trap Settings.

No, I am sorry but I do not have a sample for you to use.

Hope this helps

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

erika "oca
±a" <eocana AT yahoo DOT com> on 03/09/2000 10:36:01 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>