nv-l

Re: virus on Netview NT 5.1.2 CD?

2000-03-10 11:36:09
Subject: Re: virus on Netview NT 5.1.2 CD?
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:36:09 -0500

Well, it is highly likely that this is a fluke and you should take it up with
VirusScan.  Even before looking, I can tell you that all the build machines run
Norton AntiVirus regularly.

I just updated my Norton anti-virus to the latest defs, which are dated
03/01/2000 and it found no viruses on a scan of that same CD.  I check the virus
list, but did not find one labelled W32/Azaco.cmp.GR though I did see one
labeled W32.Azaco.8192.A.  I have no idea if they are the same or not.   But
W32.Azaco.8192.A. infects only EXE files and is very rare.  What does
W32/Azaco.cmp.GR infect?  The files you have identified are read-only message
catalogs and contian no executable code.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Viola Kenneth <Kenneth.Viola AT irs DOT gov> on 03/10/2000 11:07:12 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>