nv-l

MLM threshold

2000-03-10 09:29:07
Subject: MLM threshold
From: alexis henry <nv_alexis AT yahoo DOT fr>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:29:07 +0100 (CET)
Hi everybody !

I'm working whith Mid Level Manager and have a problem
thresholding MIB values.

I want to receive a trap from a DHCP when any of its
scope has less than 200 free adresses. I decided to
arm my threshold when i have less than 200 free
addresses ad to rearm it when i have more than 1
address free in order to test MLM capabilities to
manage multiple instances MIB value.

First all was OK, i received a trap from each scope
(ie subnet in my case) thas has less than 200 free
addresses.
But i expected to receive during the next poll some
trap because most of my scope have around 30 free
address. This is not the case, i didn't receive any
trap comming from a rearm threshold.

I m running netview 5.1 on Aix 4.3.2.
I configure my threshold to send a trap for arm and
rearm.

I was thinking that MLM isn't able to manage multiple
MIB value and try to manage a specific instance (an
unique scope) without any success.

Here is my threshold:

   OID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.3.2.1.1.3.* (for all
scopes)
        or
manage 172.29.52.0 subnet's scope)

   Arm condition : <200
   Rearm condition: >1

   I have the following result for this threshold:

     Result: 30 (i have 30 free address)
     Arm Count met: 76 (number of scope with less than
200 free address)
     Rearm count met : 0

Anybody has a solution ???

Best regards.