nv-l

Re: Node Up/Down Traps

2000-03-07 07:01:58
Subject: Re: Node Up/Down Traps
From: lclark AT us.ibm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 07:01:58 -0500

I'm sure you will get many suggestions on this one. Here's one: a cron job
on the netview server that runs at a certain time that sets a field
(maintenancewindow=TRUE)
on members of a collection, and later unsets it. Your
correlation/escalation rule
can add a check of that field. You can use nvdbimport to set the field on
members
of the server collection.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

W.M.de.Bruin AT DNB DOT [email protected] on 03/07/2000 05:10:27 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com