nv-l

Re: unable to collect on ifInOctets

2000-03-03 08:14:34
Subject: Re: unable to collect on ifInOctets
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:14:34 -0500
The 'problem' is not dependant on the level of Netview, it is a question
of loading things in a certain order. I assume you were the one who loaded
the rfc1573b.v1mib to begin with,is that correct? The problem came up in
V4 because one of the PTFs automatically loaded that mib for one reason or
another, and the prereq mib rfc1442v.smi had not even been shipped with
the ptf. I'm on an NT system this week, and neither of these files are even
on
the system, so I'm guessing that they are not shipped with V5 on either
platform.
So the problem only occurs when the user actively acquires and loads them.
As I found out yesterday, there is more than one way to mess it up,
regardless
of the level of Netview.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

Leslie,

I had this problem a week or two ago.
I hadn´t solved it yet, but when I read your mail, I immediately unloaded
the
rfc1573b.v1mib, and everything was back to normal again!
I followed the workaround, by loading rfc1442v.smi, and the rfc1573b.v1mib,
and
behold, I can still collect ifInOctets!!!

What bothers me, though, is that you mention that this problem ocurred on
V4.
systems. I have V5.1, and also experienced this problem....

Regards
Wouter de Bruin
Network Management Consultant

`Externe E-Mail wordt door DNB niet gebruikt voor het aangaan van
verplichtingen`

`Any e-mail messages from The Nederlandsche Bank are given in good faith
but shall not be binding
nor shall they be construed as constituting any obligation on the part of
the Bank.`