nv-l

Re: How to open database of Netview with Access...

2000-03-02 20:36:29
Subject: Re: How to open database of Netview with Access...
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 20:36:29 -0500

Here's an answer that was posted once before. Not my area, but I save
this stuff...

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

"Ben-Shalom, Omer" <omer.ben-shalom AT INTEL DOT COM> on 12/01/98 09:48:00 PM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>

To:   NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM)
Subject:  Re: NetView v5.0a on NT & Access databases

I ran against the same problem.
the easiest way I found out was not to open the database file but use the
system
DSN created Snmpcollect_ds
This is not the same as opening the database but if you want to use
information
from the database in scripts this is good enough.
a good example is creating downtime reports.

        Omer.

Hi,

I want to manipulate the snmpcollect_db.mdb file using Access, but I am
getting errors when I try to open this file.  It appears that I need to
have

some missing permission.  I have set ALL the NT security, & taken ownership
of the file, all to no avail!

Anyone know how to use this .mdb file?

Neil

Hi,

     I have Netview 5.1 for Windows NT 4.0.

     I have tried to open the database: "Snmpcollect_db.mdb" with Microsoft
Access, and I get the following text:

     "The current user account doesn´t have permission to convert or enable
this database"

     I´ve tried to open it as Administrator, and as user "netview", and I
couldn´t.

     How can I open this database wih Access?

     How can I change the permissions?

Thank you very much.