nv-l

Re: How to load and configure cisco mibs and traps?

2000-03-01 16:23:00
Subject: Re: How to load and configure cisco mibs and traps?
From: Ray Schafer <schafer AT tkg DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 15:23:00 -0600
Jeff W wrote:

> [...]

> I can load all but the SNMPv2-v2TC.my MIBS, I receive a "mismatch on
> datatype definitions." Cisco says this is a problem with Netview compiler
> and Tivoli said it was a problem with the MIB. Anybody know?

Try xnmloadmib2 instead of xnmloadmib.  If you are using the GUI, try loading
them as SNMP V2 mibs.

> Second question if and when I get the proper cisco mibs loaded, how do I
> configure the traps? Will the generic traps be loaded in the event
> configuration or will I have to build them? If this is no straight forward
> explanation is there a netview manual that documents the procedues?

You can extract trap definitions from the MIB files by using the mib2trap
command.  There should be a man page for it.  It will create a shell script
which you can run.  This script will call the "addtrap" command with the proper
options to creat trap definitions for you.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer AT tkg DOT com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management