nv-l

Re: Implementing Netview on HA

2000-02-22 12:06:07
Subject: Re: Implementing Netview on HA
From: "Ferreira, Linda" <FerreiraL AT NABISCO DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:06:07 -0500
Chris,
I read the info on Chapter 6 regarding Backup Managers, but I have a few
questions that I didn't see addressed in the manual?
1) What issues arrise when another manager node takes over the "containers"
with the IP address?  The current IP will no longer be the "center of the
universe" on the backup machine, how do we address that?  and what if the
backup manager has containers w/ the same name? can this be done?
2)  Can you have the backup manager node manage the the entire network?  In
the manual it sounds that you should break your network up into different
containers and assign the containers to different backup managers?
3) Does the Backup manager have to  be on a same release as PROD?  Will it
still take over?