nv-l

Re: Netview and Tavve

2000-02-09 23:23:05
Subject: Re: Netview and Tavve
From: Don Sykes <dsykes AT INTERPATH DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 23:23:05 -0500
We were an early Tavve customer and have seen some pretty major changes over
time but I am generally pleased with the products.  The design of our
network makes it tough on the root cause analysis features but the product
does provide insight in many situations.  I think the product still needs
work in the PRM and data collection areas to really compete with products
like Concord's Network Health (Concord can get quite expensive in a large
network) in the long term but you can get most of the data you need from the
current Tavve product suite.  One of the major benefits of EventWatch is the
paging engine and logic. This area also needs a little work but works much
better than the ruleset and script based paging we had before purchasing and
implementing Tavve.

I could go on about other features we like and dislike but I might sound a
little too much like an advertisement...  :-)