nv-l

Re: Netview and 3rd part applications

2000-02-04 13:39:51
Subject: Re: Netview and 3rd part applications
From: "David E. Dimond" <dimond AT allina DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:39:51 -0600
Hi Tiberio,

I've gone through this, and it's not a total install of Optivity
at the client end.  There is a procedure for pushing the appropriate
pieces of Optivity to a Netview client in the release notes/install
guide.  It basically alters the Netview client .lrf so that Optivity
apps fired from the menu are remotely executed on the server, with
the display exported back to the client -- it uses rsh.

Save my email address, and if you run into trouble I'll help you
through it.  It can be hellish...

Dave Dimond
Network Systems Management
Allina Health System