nv-l

Re: what kind of things are you doing for monitoring traffic?

2000-01-31 21:14:46
Subject: Re: what kind of things are you doing for monitoring traffic?
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand AT KARDINIA DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 13:14:46 +1100
Hi Matt,
At 11:00 AM 28-01-00 -0400, you wrote:
>And if anyone has found a way to measure statistics on the individual
>circuits defined within an ATM interface, please let me know!
>
>Matt Ashfield

The IETF draft titled draft-ietf-atommib-atm2-13.txt  defines a MIB which
includes these statistics. Look at atmAal5VclStatTable
                DESCRIPTION
                      "This table provides a collection of objects
                      providing AAL5 configuration and performance
                      statistics of a VCL."
It includes counters for In & Out Packets and Octets per VCL.
If your router/switch vendor does not implement this MIB, they may
implement equivalent or similar counters in their enterprise MIBs. Who is
your vendor and what is the hardware model # and software version # of the
boxes with ATM interfaces?

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software
jfernand AT kardinia DOT com