nv-l

Re: Simple agent

2000-01-29 11:19:36
Subject: Re: Simple agent
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:19:36 -0500
It seems to me that if there is an snmp agent on the target box that knows
the answer
to the question you have in mind, you should just use the Agent Policy
Manager to
monitor the mib variable. That component of Netview will create an icon and
manage
its color as the thresholds are passed and reset, and you also have the
option of
storing the values for further reporting. That data can be graphed with
Netview.
The APM uses MLM (included free on the Netview CD) which can be installed
on
the Netview box itself.

The compaq mib has all sorts of useful information in it. Or is the problem
that it is
Dec Alpha?

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

Steve Stamper <sstamper AT FOREMOST DOT COM>@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU> on 01/28/2000
03:37:53 PM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>

Sent by:  Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView
      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>