nv-l

Re: Simple agent

2000-01-28 17:08:58
Subject: Re: Simple agent
From: Larry H <remlali AT HAREM.ERICSSON DOT SE>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 23:08:58 +0100
>What I wonder is if anyone has a sample simple agent (written in C) that
>can be used by me to query stuff in the MIB.
>and periodically report to NetView a status of some MIB variable.

The UCD snmp agent is flexible and useful. Think it can be setup
to show you using SNMP whatever you want. Report periodically,
I'm not sure but I don't think the agent can do that, atleast it
can send SNMP traps on tresholds.  But on the other hand, you could
program the SnmpCollector in netview to poll the agent periodically.

thanks

larry liimatainen